Twist Bioscience, Inc. (“we” or “Twist”) operates the website www.TwistBioscience.com (together with any associated or successor sites of Twist, collectively the “Site”) to provide information about our company, products and services and to offer certain related services.. This Site includes the portal used by customers to order and purchase our synthesized DNA products as well as manage their accounts and access certain reports, tools and related functionality as may be provided by Twist from time to time (“Order System”).
- Visitors to the Site, and
- Customers who use the Order System.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE SITE
The Site collects two kinds of information about you: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific living person. “Other Information” is information that is not sufficient to identify or contact a specific person. In Section 2, we describe the Personal Information that is collected by the Site, when it is collected, how it is used, and when it may be disclosed. In Section 3, we do the same for Other Information.
ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Personal Information We Collect.
Your Personal Information includes your name, email address, postal addresses, and telephone numbers. It also includes any information that we have associated with your Personal Information (unless such information is disassociated or de-identified).
We receive Personal Information about you when you submit that information on the Site, such as when you:
- Request information about a Twist product or service on the Site.
- Register for an account to use the Order System, and log into your account.
- Register for updates, newsletters or other communications through the Site.
- Contribute content to the Site.
We may combine Personal Information that you submit on or through the Site with information that we collect from and about you from other sources, offline and online.
- How We May Use Personal Information.
We use Personal Information to do the following:
- Provide the products and services that you request on the Site as well as customer support.
- Send you administrative information, including information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Personalize your experience on the Site by presenting content tailored to you.
- Send you updates, messages and information about our products and services.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing or improving our products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- As we believe appropriate (a) to comply with applicable law and legal processes; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; (c) to protect our operations or those of our affiliates; (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or, or that of our affiliates, you or others; or (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain (these goals, collectively, the “Compliance Purposes”).
- The Personal Information We Collect.
- When We May Disclose Personal Information.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as email delivery, payment processing, order fulfillment, hosting, data analysis, IT infrastructure, IT services, customer service, analytics providers, auditing and other services to enable them to provide such services.
- By you, if you choose to submit content to be posted on a public portion of the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY SUBMIT TO PUBLIC PORTIONS OF THE SITE.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- As we believe appropriate for Compliance Purposes (defined above).
- How Long We Retain Personal Information.
ABOUT OTHER INFORMATION
- The Other Information We Collect. Other Information includes:
- Sequence information, ordering information and other non-personal information you provide through the Order System (“Customer Supply Information”).
- Communications and content you submit to or post on or through the Site.
- Browser and device information.
- Information collected by cookies, web beacons, and other technologies on our Site.
- Information about how you use and interact with the Site.
- Other aggregated information.
- How We May Collect Other Information.
We may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- That you provide or post: You may submit or post Other Information through the Order System or other parts of the Site.
- From your browser or device: Standard information is sent by most browsers. This information includes your device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
- That you volunteer: You may volunteer demographic information, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site.
- Through activity tracking and reports: Information about how you use and interact with the Site may be collected when you access the Site, for example, through server log files, usage reports, keyboard and mouse information and screenshots, and is used to determine usage levels and activity, conduct data analysis, diagnose server problems, and operate and maintain the Site.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate information collected from the Site. Aggregated information will not include information that personally identifies you or any other user of the Site.
- How We May Use and Disclose Other Information.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose permitted by applicable law, except for Customer Supply Information as described below. If we are required to treat any element of Other Information as Personal Information, then we may use that information as described in the “Personal Information” section above. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information but only as long as it is combined.
- How We May Use and Disclose Your Sequence and Supply Order Information.
Our use and disclosure of Customer Supply Information is subject to the Twist Master Supply Terms and Conditions and/or other applicable manufacture or supply agreement between us, if any (“Supply Agreements”). Your Customer Supply Information shall be used solely to provide you with our products and services, to comply with any related obligations to you, for our internal business purposes (such as data analysis, audits, developing, maintaining or improving our products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns), and for Compliance Purposes. We will keep your sequences and other Customer Supply Information confidential, in accordance with the Supply Agreements, but may disclose such information under similar conditions of confidentiality to third party service providers and affiliates and in connection with mergers, acquisitions and similar transactions as described in Section 2.c. above with respect to Personal Information. However, individual sequence data itself will not be provided to any third party data analysis or analytics providers. We may also disclose sequences and other Customer Supply Information for Compliance Purposes. By way of example, in case of biosecurity issues, we may transfer applicable Customer Supply Information to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
ABOUT DATA SECURITY
We may use third party hosting and cloud services for our Site and its services to store and process your Personal Information and Other Information on our behalf. We endeavor to select and use such services with data security in mind so that your information is subject to reasonable safeguards and protection. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
We may give you choices regarding our use of your Personal Information for our marketing and related purposes. You may opt-out from receiving marketing-related messages from us either by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the email or by emailing us at privacy@TwistBioscience.com. If you opt out from receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative, operational and support messages to you. You cannot opt out from receiving such messages.
We may share your Personal Information with our partners or third parties for their marketing purposes, and you hereby give us permission to do so.
- Your choices regarding cookies.
- How you can access, change or remove your Personal Information and Posted Content.
If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us or content you have previously posted on the Site, you may be able to do so through your account on the Order System or other self-help functionality on our Site (to the extent the Order System or other parts of our Site allow for such functionality). Otherwise, you may contact us by emailing us at privacy@TwistBioscience.com. We will try in good faith to comply with your request if reasonable but make no commitments that we will do so. Furthermore, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and for Compliance Purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain in our databases and other records that will not be removed. We are not responsible for changing, removing or suppressing information from the databases of third parties that have previously accessed your information.
- Retention and deletion of information.
Subject to the terms of any Supply Agreements and the requirements of applicable laws and regulations, we may delete your Personal Information and Other Information at any time and have not obligation to store or retain such information. We may also retain your Personal Information and Other Information if we so choose or if required by applicable laws and regulations and for other Compliance Purposes. For example, we may retain sequence information you provide to us to the extent required by applicable laws and regulations.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about what personal information a company shares with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission.
LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS
Our Site and its services (including the Order System) may contain links to, interoperate with, and allow you to share content to and from third party services, websites and applications. The fact that we link to a website, service or application or allow you to share content through these third parties is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. Other websites, services and applications follow different rules regarding the collection, use, storage or disclosure of the personal and other information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites, services and applications you use.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
HOW TO CONTACT US