How should I resuspend my genes?
Twist DNA products are dried down and shipped in either 96/384-well plates or 2 ml microcentrifuge tubes. Although double-stranded DNAs are stable under most standard storage conditions, we recommend the following to maintain high quality DNA:
- Upon receipt, briefly centrifuge tube or plate and resuspend the DNA in nuclease free Tris-EDTA (TE) buffer, pH 8.0 or 10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0 to the desired concentration.
- We do not recommend resuspension in water.
- A concentration of at least 10 ng/ul is recommended for a stock solution, but optimal concentration will need to be determined based on your desired application.
- Prepare aliquots of the stock and separate working aliquots to limit the chances of contamination and reduce the number of freeze/thaw cycles.
- For long term storage, freeze DNA at -20° C for up to one year, or at -80° C for even longer storage.
Resuspension guideline can be found here.
Was this article helpful?
Still have questions? Contact Us